You might have already heard that on April 21st Google launched it’s new algorithm that favors sites which are “mobile friendly”. This means that websites that are not “mobile friendly” will not show up in search results on mobile devices. Recent studies show that over 60% of people use their mobile phone for everyday activities so it is likely that this could mean a decline in business for those websites that don’t show up in search results. Is your business website ready for mobile?
Here are 5 tips for surviving #Mobilegeddon.
- Don’t Panic! This is not the zombie apocalypse so luckily there’s no walking dead to worry about.
- Take the mobile friendly test to determine if your site will be impacted. Just follow the link and enter your website url. The Crouch Group’s results are pictured below as an example:
- Review your Google Analytics to gain more insight into what type of mobile traffic your website receives.
- Create a mobile customer profile. What do you know about your mobile customer that can help you better understand their needs. (This will be useful in the website design process.)
- Work with your marketing department to create a mobile responsive design that has your business’ mobile customer in mind OR contact The Crouch Group. We can help you come up with a game plan for attacking the #mobilegeddon madness!
Whether you take action today or at a later date the question is still the same, is your business ready for mobile?
For questions about this or any related topics email firstname.lastname@example.org